Sunday 10 March 2013

Top 5 Tried & Tested Workout DVDs!



Image via weheartit.com
I'm sure that the rest of the nation will agree with me when I say that I love summer! Who doesn't love the season of BBQs, sunny days and beach holidays? However, there's one thing I do not enjoy about summer and that is being mistaken for a baby whale on the beach (and possibly being harpooned in the process).

Thus, I have set out on the journey every woman does at this time of year: mission lose-the- winter-pounds!


Since having an overweight spell in high school, I have enjoyed keeping fit and have been on a constant quest to find the best workout dvds out there. The gym has always been out of the question for me for 2 reasons: 

1) I refuse to pay monthly to inevitably torture myself.
2) Nobody wants to see me in tight leggings sweating profusely.

So, I began to look into other ways and became addicted to trying different workout dvds. So, here I list my top 5 tried and tested workout dvds (in no order) - this is just my opinion and it may not work for everybody but it works for me! It's all about finding something that works for you individually and sticking with it :) Good luck!



TOP 5 TRIED AND TESTED WORKOUT DVDS


Image and video hosting by TinyPic1. Jane Fonda Workouts

Jane Fonda looks amazing at 75, albiet with the help of a little surgery, so why wouldn't we give her workout a try?

It's simple and easy to follow, varied so you don't get bored and has a great soundtrack for an 80's lover like me. There are different levels and different programmes ranging from beginners to ones that your Gran can do - no, seriously it's true!

It always makes it more fun if the music is good! You can find alot of them on Youtube too so it saves you breaking the bank this summer.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic2. Jillian Michaels Workouts

Jillian Michaels is probably best known (apart from famous her abs which resemble the surface of the Grand Canyon) for training on the Biggest Loser.

She is really motivational and will give you the good telling off you need throughout the workout.  You can fit it into your daily schedule - there's no excuse! They only take 20 mins or so. And there is progression into different levels so it gives you something to work towards.

This is hardcore circuit training which is proven the burn more calories than an hour at the gym.






Image and video hosting by TinyPic3. Insanity

The dreaded Insanity workouts - favoured by some and liked by none! It's presented by a guy called Shaun T, who is Wolverine ripped!

This is more circuit training but much more intense to see faster results. It allows progression into different levels and the idea is you stick at it for 60 days - a perfect quick time fix when combined with a good diet.

Not for the faint hearted but if you have enough will power you will see great results!



Image and video hosting by TinyPic4. Tony Horton's P90X

This one is marketed more as a lifestyle programme; it has a different daily workout and a diet guide all presented by Tony Horton, who trains the S.S staff at the Whitehouse!

It really is marine type workouts, there is hardly any breaks! I'd say it's better for those really concentrated on building muscle rather than just toning up a bit. 

However, it is effective for burning calories with good variation ranging from plyometrics to yoga.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
5. Tracy Anderson Method Mat

I wanted to hate this one because I don't like Tracy Anderson or her ethics but I couldn't. I did it a while ago when I was going to be a bridesmaid for my cousin's wedding and remember seeing results.

She trains the likes of Gwenyth Paltrow, Cheryl Cole, Madonna etc. and uses previously learned techniques to get a lean, dancer body. I didn't stick at this one for too long because Tracy isn't my cup of tea but I know that it has worked for some! She also has pregnancy and dance workouts available.




I hope this helped somehow for all of you people out there getting ready to go on holiday this summer, good luck and let us hear some of your feedback soon :)


- Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment