Tuesday 12 March 2013

Top 5 of 2013 ( so far..)



5 FAVE THINGS OF 2013 (so far…)


So this is my first official blog post in years. Wish me luck….
I thought I would start with a general run down of my favourite things at this moment in time. It’s mostly beauty based with a few other bits thrown in.
Apologies if I’m a little rusty at this, I’m sure I shall improve with time. Hopefully.

    1.       Burt Bees Lip Balm (£3.49 from Boots)

This has been a lifesaver for me this winter! I get really dry lips, especially this year for some reason, so I’m always looking for lip balms. After trying a load of products (8 hour cream, carmex, Vaseline, etc...) I have found the best cure for my unsavoury looking lips in this little tube! It really has made a difference for me but now I need to get a new one as my mother has decided to steal it!

 



     2.       Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes Shampoo (£6.39 from boots)

I have recently had my hair dyed blonde so I was on the lookout for a purple shampoo and this was pretty much the only one I could find in my local boots (it’s a small one). Although I didn’t really have much to choose from I’m really happy with this product! I can see the difference in my hair straight away, its brighter and just more blonde looking! I do think that it’s a bit pricey but I only use once a week so it should last me quite a while.
Plus, I absolutely love the purple colour of it….so much so I kinda want dye my hair the same colour…..







     3.       Revlon Lip Butter (shade lollipop £5.99 on offer in Superdrug)

So I had heard a lot about these little lip products but never got round to checking them out myself. Up until recently I wasn’t really much of a lip person but during a shopping trip with Christmas money I decided to get a few lip products. One was horrible and has already been erased from my memory. Seriously it was bad…but this lip butter is amazing! It has been in my makeup bag since I got it and I love that it is moisturising (helps with the dry lip problem..).
The colour is also great. It can be worn very sheer for during the day and built up for more of a punch for the evening!



    4.       The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (£3.99 Waterstones)


Here is a little departure from the beauty side of things.
I was drawn to this book mainly by the word “circus”, I have always been a little intrigued by the mystery of the circus and this book really played up to that mysterious, magical idea I have in my head.
The descriptions in this book are amazing and really bring the whole circus world to life.
 I’m not much of a reader but I really didn’t want this book to end!  I originally got this book on my kindle but I’m seriously considering getting it in hard copy since I like it so much!
Highly recommended if you like fantasy and magic with a little romance on the side.


        5.  Leather Look Leggings (disco pants dupes £30 Topshop)



I really didn’t want to get sucked into this trend but I love a good pair of leggings and these are really up my street.  
There was no way in hell I was going to pay the price for the American Apparel (like £70!?) ones so I went for the Topshop ones (£27 with student discount!).
These leggings are really nice, thick enough so you don’t need to wear tights underneath and they make me feel thinner as you can drop a size since they stretch!
I’ve been wearing them a lot and I’m very tempted to go get them in the navy version too.



*Bonus fave*

Pop tarts (s’mores  £5.50 from local American candy shop..)
Chocolate and marshmallow squished together in a warm pocket of loveliness. Is there really any more I need to say.
£5.50 is a tad on the expensive side for these but personally I think it money well spent for how good these taste.
 I’m living in hope that someday they will come to a supermarket near me!









until next time folks :)

claire x 

1 comment:

  1. love the color of the revlon lip butter! :*

    GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG!!!!
    http://landing-in-fashion.blogspot.gr/2013/04/landing-no32-giveaway-win-new-look.html#more

    ReplyDelete